The main objective of this international scientific conference is to raise the attention and
awareness among scientists, urban planners, hydrologists, ecologists, professional landscape architects, city administrations and other appropriate stakeholders, about water landscapes in urban environments. The focus will be on the understanding of modern and heritage water landscapes, evaluation of its ecological and cultural values, visions of blue infrastructures and mitigation of consequences of globalisation and climate change. St. Petersburg is the truly city of water landscapes with Neva River, numerous tributaries, canals, streams, fountains and wetlands. St. Petersburg history and culture is based around the water theme. Floods were a recurring feature of this city for more than three hundred years. The dam construction attracted attention of the world’s scientists and engineers in this field. The “Venice of the North” is invited as participants to share their vision on future of water landscapes.
There will be 5 subthemes during the conference:
- Water landscapes and mitigation of global/climate change;
- Water Heritage Landscapes (water landscapes in history, literature and art)
- Water landscapes as a part of Green‐Blue infrastructures;
- Ecology of Water landscapes;
- Design and Management of water landscapes