The IFLA Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe Award is the highest honor that the International Federation of Landscape Architects can bestow upon a landscape architect. The Award recognizes a living landscape architect whose lifetime achievements and contributions have had a unique and lasting impact on the welfare of society and the environment and on the promotion of the profession of landscape architecture. The award is bestowed annually on an academic, public or private practitioner whose work and achievements are respected internationally.
Requirements for the new design
- Should represent the profession
- Should represent the impact of Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe’s work
- Should be contained within a 25x25x25 cms box (at the most). This does not mean it has to be a cubic format, but it should not exceed these dimensions either way.
- Should weigh less than 1000 grams
- The name of the awardee should be easily engraved after its production
- Should be inspiring and memorable
The submission should be made in pdf format size A4. It should include a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 pages with the following:
- The concept
- A 3D view of each side
- Material description and costs of the production of 5 pieces in Euros
- Name and contact information
Who can participate?
- Anyone. Groups are allowed.
The award´s production should be affordable for IFLA. The cost of the award´s production will be one of the criteria for evaluation.
The winner will be recognized as the author of the initial design and copyrights will be transferred to IFLA. IFLA will have the freedom to modify the design.
The winner of the competition will produce 5 awards. These awards will be delivered at IFLA´s office in Brussels before May 15, 2014. IFLA will reimburse production and shipping costs.
August 15, 2013
Closing date for questions:
Closing date for submission:
December 31, 2013
January 31, 2014
IFLA EXCO Committee
A person familiar with Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe’s work
IFLA Communication Committee
Send us your material by email to: email@example.com