Following is a brief summary of the key issues related to this RFP.
- IFLA is an international, non-profit organization dedicated to the profession of Landscape Architecture throughout the World. There are four subdivisions of this organization based on geographic location: Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa-Mid East and Europe. Information about our organization can be found on our current website http://www.iflaonline.org/
- Our existing website was developed in 2009 within the Joomla system.
- Recently, unknown hackers invaded our website and partially damaged it. Re-uploaded backup of the website has been hacked again on several occasions. To prevent further hacking into our website, host of this website blocked its all editing capabilities. It is currently only partially functional with no possibilities for any updates and revisions.
- IFLA is in urgent need for redeveloping this website with the latest and safer technologies (i.e. new Drupal 8 or alternative).
- The new, improved website shall be easy for navigating, visually attractive and reflecting the profile of our organization.
- IFLA has developed a set of graphic standards for the use of IFLA logo (see attached at the end of the RFP). This standard has to be followed by the winning proponent.
- The content of the new website shall include all current content of the IFLA existing website (backup of the existing website in Joomla will be available to the winning proponent).
- Proponent may also suggest additional website upgrades that are not described in this RFP.
- Majority of the IFLA website is intended to be publicly accessible.
- A small portion of the website is to be designated for “Restricted Access Only”. This portion is intended to function similarly to an FTP site, where selected personnel will be able to pickup or drop-off various files. This area will require a password protection and a possibility for easy maintenance and administration (i.e. changing the password, etc.)
- The currently allocated budget for the IFLA website upgrades is €10,000 (including all taxes and associated costs)
- The proponent may also include a proposal for additional (above the €10,000) services, clearly indicating the additional cost and the benefits of the proposed services to this project.
- This proposal shall also include an allowance (valued at up to € 500 per year) for a periodic maintenance and technical support to the IFLA staff, allowing for our staff to make upgrades and changes to the website content.
- The proponent is to provide a comprehensive, detailed description of the proposed services, methodology and deliverables allowing IFLA to select the proposition with the optimal improvements to our website within the allocated funds.
- It is the IFLA intention to award the project or a portion of the project on Friday November 8th, 2013. Start of the project (design process for the IFLA website) is intended to commence within max. 7 days after the awarding (or sooner). allowing for the design and building of the website commencing in November 2013.
- The completion of the entire website redevelopment and launching of it is intended for February 28, 2014