CLIMATES | ADAPTATIONS | LANDSCAPES
leaders in climate conscious design & planning
The 2014 CSLA Congress will be held in Ottawa at the Château Laurier Hotelfrom May 29th to 31st, 2014.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – Deadline is 24 January 2014
The Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) invites qualified experts to submit abstracts for:
- oral presentations (concurrent sessions, 30 minutes in length),
- “spark” sessions (idea exchange sessions, 10-15 minutes in length)
Presentations are scheduled on May 30th and 31st and we expect 130 to 170 delegates to be present to commemorate the CSLA’s 80th Anniversary.
CLICK HERE to download the Call for Abstracts for the 2014 CSLA Congress
About the Congress Theme
The theme of the 2014 Congress, CLIMATES | ADAPTATIONS | LANDSCAPES, focusses on the role of adaptive planning and design in advancing resilience and preparedness in landscapes in communities faced with the challenge of changing climate.
Key messages for this Congress will be:
- the role of interdisciplinary science in improving understanding and communicating knowledge of climate change vulnerabilities, risks and opportunities;
- innovative thinking in anticipatory planning; and
- insightful adaptive design and implementation.