This year, 274 projects from 30 European countries presented for the Prize. The jury formed by Ms. Carme Ribas as President and representative of the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona, Mr. Matevz Celik (Museum of Architecture and Design, Ljubjana), Ms. Juulia Kauste (Suomen Rakennustaiteen Museo, Helsinki), Ms. Sarah Mineko Ichioka (The Architecture Foundation), Mr. Francis Rambert (Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine, Paris), Ms. Katharina Ritter (Architekturzentrum, Wien) and Mr. Peter Cachola Schmal (Deutsches Architekturmuseum, Frankfurt) met on 3 and 4 April at the CCCB and decided to award the following projects:
Prize ex aequo:
• Redevelopment of the Old Port (Aménagement urbain du centre ville, incluant la semi pietonisation du vieux-port), Marseille [France], 2013
• The Braided Valley (El Valle Trenzado), Elx [Spain], 2013
• Baana Pedestrian and Bicycle Corridor (Jalankulun ja pyöräilhyn Baana), Helsinki [Finland], 2012
• Rainham Marshes, London [United Kingdom], 2014
• La Lira Theatre Public Domain (Espai públic Teatre La Lira), Ripoll [Spain], 2012
• Islamic Cemetery (Islamischer Friedhof) Altach [Austria], 2012
For further information, please visit the Public Space website
PRESS RELEASE – 04/2014
On the occasion of its General Assembly, which took place on 24 April 2014 in Padova (Italy), the Architects Council of Europe signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Africa Union of Architects, represented by its President, Mr Tokunbo Omisore.
Having regard to the long standing ties that exist between them, and convinced that a reinforced cooperation will help to consolidate actions and efforts towards addressing mutual concerns and interests pertaining to architecture, architectural education, research, professional mobility, environmental issues, professional development and professional practice, the two organisations agreed:
1. To rationalise the resources of the Parties in pertinent activities at all levels;
2. To reinforce the capacity for action of the Parties towards third parties;
3. To explore opportunities for joint positions and/or joint actions of the Parties towards third parties;
4. To cooperate in lobbying activities, if and when appropriate;
5. To invite and encourage reciprocal representation at their respective working bodies;
6. To share information of mutual interest;
7. And finally, to undertake to establish and concretely define a closer cooperation at political, technical and working levels. Both Organisations commit themselves to preparing a Mutual Recognition Agreement that will set the rules for their respective members to practise on the two continents.
T. Omisore, AUA President, and L. Lazzari, ACE President
Green Summit 2014: uni.li/greensummit
Green Development: Region der Zukunft: 6. Juni 2014
Green Business: Unternehmen von Heute: 7. Juni 2014
Unser Doppelsymposium widmet sich zwei Themen: der “Region der Zukunft” in einem breit zugänglichen, öffentlichen Forum über nachhaltige regionale Raumentwicklung; und dem Thema “Business von Heute”, einem B2B-Ereignis für Unternehmen, Nutzer, Investoren und Medien aktiv in nachhaltigen Produkten und Dienstleistungen, unter der Schirmherrschaft des EU Alpine Space Programms. Am Abend des 06. Juni wird das Resultat des diesjährigen Zurich Klimapreises vorgestellt, und die Ausschreibung für die nächste Runde angekündigt.
6. Juni 2014 Region der Zukunft: neue Raumentwicklungsmodelle für unsere Region
Abendprogramm: Zurich Klimaprreis
7. Juni 2014 Business von Heute: neue Netzwerke für Unternehmer, Investoren, Käufer und Medien
Frühzeitig anmelden, beschränkter Raum …. Eintritt frei, Simultanübersetzung
Our twin symposium is focused on two critical themes: the “Region of Tomorrow” in a public forum aimed at sustainable and responsible regional development and the topic Theme “Business of Today”, a networking event for entrepreneurs, investors, users and media representatives active in sustainable products and services, under the patronage of the EU Alpine Space Program. On the evening of 6 June 2014 the Zurich Climate Price will be presented.
6. June 2014 Region of Tomorrow: new development strategies for our region
Evening Program: Zurich Climate Prize
7. June 2014 Business of Today: new networks for entrepreneurs, investors, users and media
Early booking requested, limited space …. Entry free, simultaneous translation
Institut für Architektur und Raumentwicklung
Fürst-Franz-Josef-Strasse, 9490 Vaduz, Liechtenstein
Telefon +423 265 11 11, Direkt +423 265 11 38
The third LE:NOTRE Landscape Forum will take place from 25th – 28th May 2014 in Sarajevo and is hosted by the Faculty of Forestry, University of Sarajevo under the theme Sarajevo – Unity in Diversity
Cultures, meanings and landscapes in transition.
What makes the LE:NOTRE Landscape Forum different from other European landscape events is the focus on interdisciplinary dialogue, debate and discourse. It provides a unique opportunity to interact creatively with colleagues from a range of landscape disciplines in informal workshop and field visit settings.
A joint ISBN publication will result from the meeting, to which all participants will contribute.
The Forum aims to provide a discussion platform for a wide range of landscape issues at a European and global level. Target groups include
- researchers and practitioners from landscape architecture and related disciplines (including architecture, arts, geography, agricultural sciences, dendrology, economics, environmental psychology, forestry, hydrology and water management, IT, archeology, ecology, regional planning, social anthropology, sociology, tourism, urban design, etc.),
- academics and educators involved in teaching and research from many different disciplinary perspectives,
- members of public institutions or authorities and NGOs,
- doctorate and masters students from landscape architecture and related disciplines
The LE:NOTRE Institute and our hosts at the Faculty of Forestry of the University of Sarajevo look forward to welcoming you at the 3rd LE:NOTRE Landscape Forum in Sarajevo.
The registration deadline is May 2nd 2014!
For more information visit the LE:NOTRE Institute Landscape Forum 2014 web site.
MASTER PLAN OF INTERVENTIONS WITHIN THE REVITALIZATION PROCESS FRAMEWORK OF THE HISTORIC DOWNTOWN OF THE CITY OF ASUNCIÓN
The Municipality of Asunción, the Ministry of Public Works and Communications, the National Secretariat of Culture, the National Administration of Navigation and Ports, the Chamber of Deputies of the National Congress convene teams or professional service companies related to urban discipline, national as well as international, to THE INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF IDEAS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MASTER PLAN OF INTERVATIONS IN THE FRAMEWORK PROCESS OF REVITALIZATION OF THE HISTORIC DOWNTOWN OF THE CITY OF ASUNCIÓN, capital of the Republic of Paraguay.
The international contest of ideas counts with the technical advice, the organization and management from the School of Architects of Paraguay/Regional Capital through the Inter-institutional cooperation agreement subscribed in Asunción, on January, 2014.
The proposals will be received from Monday, July 14 until Saturday, July 19, 2014, between 9:00 and 12:00 hrs. local time in Asunción, at the headquarters of the Ballario House, located in la Manzana de la Rivera, O´Leary Street and El Paraguayo Independiente, Asunción.
The registration of the proposal submission will close at 12:00 noon on Saturday, July 19, 2014, not being able to accept any proposal that is submitted after the established time and date.
It is hereby established to award contract of US$ 100,000 (One hundred thousand US. dollars) for the winner of the contest; the amount of US$ 8,000 (Eight thousand US. dollars) for the second, and US$ 6,000 (Six thousand US dollars) for the third finalist, and honorable mentions for the 4th and 5th place. The proposals will be evaluated by members of the jury, as set forth in the request for proposal.
The contest seeks to obtain the best proposals to serve as guidance in order for Asuncion to recover its coastal city vocation, revitalized with new population living in the historic downtown area, with productive economic options as in the cultural area as well as in technology, tourism, and others, to make it sustainable, environmentally friendly and respectful of its historic legacy.
Registration takes place in the website of the contest www.colegiodearquitectos.org.py and/or www.asuncioncentrohistorico.com and it is open until June 23, 2014. The request for proposal and additional information are available on-line.
The official language of the contest is Spanish.
Colegio de Arquitectos del Paraguay—Regional Capital
San José 233, Asunción
Phone (595 21 206 804)