PRESS RELEASE – 04/2014
On the occasion of its General Assembly, which took place on 24 April 2014 in Padova (Italy), the Architects Council of Europe signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Africa Union of Architects, represented by its President, Mr Tokunbo Omisore.
Having regard to the long standing ties that exist between them, and convinced that a reinforced cooperation will help to consolidate actions and efforts towards addressing mutual concerns and interests pertaining to architecture, architectural education, research, professional mobility, environmental issues, professional development and professional practice, the two organisations agreed:
1. To rationalise the resources of the Parties in pertinent activities at all levels;
2. To reinforce the capacity for action of the Parties towards third parties;
3. To explore opportunities for joint positions and/or joint actions of the Parties towards third parties;
4. To cooperate in lobbying activities, if and when appropriate;
5. To invite and encourage reciprocal representation at their respective working bodies;
6. To share information of mutual interest;
7. And finally, to undertake to establish and concretely define a closer cooperation at political, technical and working levels. Both Organisations commit themselves to preparing a Mutual Recognition Agreement that will set the rules for their respective members to practise on the two continents.
T. Omisore, AUA President, and L. Lazzari, ACE President